Debbie Cataldo - Parent Coordinator718 335-7500 ext.1300
cell 347 563-4127
I would like to welcome all students and parents to the start of a new and exciting school year and to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Deborah Cataldo, the Parent Coordinator for I.S.227. I am here to address your questions, problems and concerns regarding your child’s educational experience at LAMS.
My role as Parent Coordinator is to serve as a facilitator – to bridge the gap between teachers, parents and students, and to help you find answers to the questions that you may be confronted with during the school year. My goal is to make it easier for you to resolve issues at the school level and to help you find the information and service you need to help your child.
Last year we had some useful and helpful Parent Workshops. I would like to continue to provide worthwhile workshops for you. I need your assistance to identify topics of interest to you. Please answer the questions on the attached parent survey and have your child return it to the homeroom teacher.
When a child enters Middle School, it is very common for parents to think their participation on the school level is no longer needed. Of course, your child will agree! However the reverse is true – at this age and stage of your child’s life, parental involvement, both in school and at home, is more important than ever. The mere act of getting involved in your child’s school makes a world of difference!
I found it very helpful to use e-mail to inform parents about up-coming school events. I would like to continue to extend our communication through e-mail. If you would like to be part of our parent e-mail group, please print neatly your e-mail address on the parent survey.
I am here to assist you. If you need information regarding curriculum, school policies, after-school programs, community resources, or any other issue, please feel free to contact me. I hope to hear from you soon!
Parent Coordinator718 335-7500 ext.1300
cell 347 563-4127
Parent Coordinator Helpful Online Links
- Funbrain.com is a popular online destination for interactive, educational games for children of all ages. Engaging arcade-style and Flash games help kids build skills while making learning fun.
- Poptropica, a virtual world for kids to travel, play games, compete in head-to-head competition, and communicate safely. Kids can also read books, comics, and see movie clips while they play.
- Factmonster.com combines reference materials, facts, and trivia quizzes for kids on all subjects. Parents, educators, and kids can get. homework help and access almanacs, an encyclopedia, a dictionary, and an atlas.
- School Foods, more information on...
- Family Watchdog - Awareness is your best defense - Find registered and convicted sex offenders and predators.
- Department of Education Web-site.
- New York, State Education Dept Web-site.
- OPT Bus Delay Web-site - Office of Transportation
- FastWeb College scholarship search - the largest, most accurate, and most frequently updated scholarship database. And it's free!
- Inside School web-site is a group of committed public school parents, children's advocates, journalists and teachers dedicated to improving public education in New York City.
- NYC.Gov NYC Gov web-site
- Practical Parent Education web-site, provides services to parent educators giving them the curriculum, training and support they need to establish successful, effective parenting programs.
In PrintAchievable And Specific Goals Will Keep Your Child Motivated - Middle School Parents - September -2013